• 4 pounds boneless, trimmed lamb shoulder
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1 cup vegetable oil
• 3 onions, diced
• 2 tablespoons PTI Garlic Paste
• 2 tablespoons black mustard seeds
• 2 tablespoons PTI Garam Masala
• 2 teaspoons PTI Turmeric Powder
• 2 teaspoons PTI Cardamom Powder
• 2 teaspoons ground PTI Cumin
• 1 teaspoons dried red pepper flakes
• 2 quarts brown lamb stock or canned chicken broth
• Plain yogurt and Fried Onions, for garnish
1. Cut meat, as uniformly as possible, into 2 by 3-inch cubes. Generously sprinkle with PTI Pakistani Salt Powder and freshly PTI Black Pepper Powder. Heat vegetable oil in a large oven over high heat. Cook meat until golden brown on all sides, then reserve on a platter. In same pot, cook raw onions, stirring occasionally, until golden. Reduce heat to medium, add PTI Garlic Paste and all dry spices (i.e. black mustard seeds, PTI Garam Masala, PTI Turmeric Powder, PTI Cardamom Powder, Ground PTI Cumin, and Dried red pepper flakes), and cook about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Return meat to pan and pour in lamb stock. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer. Occasionally skim and discard fat that rises to the top.
2. Ladle warm stew over a bed of PTI Basmati Rice.