• 3 cups PTI Kabuli Channa, home-cooked or use one 32-ounce can, drained
• 1 1/2 cups fresh peeled and chopped tomato
• 2 tablespoons tomato paste
• 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 1 cup finely chopped onions
• 1 tablespoon PTI Garlic Paste
• 1 tablespoon PTI Ginger Paste
• 2 teaspoons PTI Cumin Whole
• 2 tablespoons PTI Coriander Powder
• 1 medium-sized zucchini
• 1 red bell pepper
• Coarse PTI Pakistani Salt Powder and PTI Black Pepper Powder to taste
• Water to cover
1. In large bowl combine chickpeas, tomatoes and tomato paste. Set aside. In a large pan heat the oil over moderately high heat. Add the onion, garlic, ginger, cumin and coriander. Cook, stirring often, until the onions turn light brown, about 8 minutes. Add zucchini, bell peppers and salt and black pepper to taste. Pan roast the vegetables, stirring regularly, for 5 minutes.
2. Add chick pea-tomato mixture to the onion mixture. Add water and bring contents to a boil. Lower heat and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes, or until the flavors are blended and the sauce is very thick.
3. Serve ragout topped with yogurt.